Friday, March 2, 2007

snails -n- things

I finally took the time to piece together a photo series I've had in mind for a little while. My son is constantly bringing me empty little snail shells he discovers in the backyard. I often thought it would be cool to photograph them, to create a 'still life' looking photo. Today, I found some shells bigger than the little small round ones he usually finds. Inspired, I had him help me hunt up some of the little ones and I arranged them on the backdrop (a blue fisher price sand and water table), used natural light, got as close as I could get (without a macro lens), and snapped off a few shots. I cropped in a little closer later on photoshop and of course converted the images to black and white. The flowers are these little white weeds that he picks for either me or his mother-nearly every day. Anyway, I hope you like it.

1 comment:

Scoots said...

so Brando.....let's say someone was interesting in buying some prints of your art work you have on display here........got some pricing??