Saturday, June 9, 2007

overpass

I'll admit it, there are some things that I love to photograph that really don't make much sense. First of those are the giant air-balloon animated gimmicks that usually rest out in front of car lots. You've seen them: the giant Elvis sporting a banner that might say, "Rockin' good deals!" or some other cheesy phrase. Or even Godzilla atop a sporting goods store touting: "Monster Sale!" Second of those are overpasses. I really think they are cool both visually and physically. In DFW they have 'mix masters' where several major highways convene at once and it's layer upon layer of heightened road suspended several hundred feet in the air-awesome. Anyway, I got out last night to scout out a location for a photograph I've been wanting to take and took some like this instead.

2 comments:

Scoots said...

i love this. it's a perfect picture.

Rocky and Sunee said...

great picture. I wanna see some gimmick balloons.