Monday, June 22, 2009

crayons

I often take a subject that gets stuck in my head, and then explore it's fine art possibilities through photography. Sometimes these projects actually get finished...mostly I loose my steam half way through. I've discovered that I'm like a cheetah-being able to top my creative momentum in short bursts-before I get bored, or disinterested and move on to the next series. It's quite a serious problem. I've been working on a book centered on Louisiana for going on year four, but I'm not giving up! Anyway, currently I'm working on several of these smaller art pieces at a time right now, one of which is all about crayons. I shoot my fine art pieces with film and process and develop them the old way, but I usually use my digital camera to preview it because I do get anxious to see the final shot. Here are a few outtakes and test shots from the crayon series I'm focused on.


2 comments:

Erika Pearce said...

I love these! You're always so creative. Very talented.

Christine said...

Oh yeah, I forgot you were doing a book on Louisiana. I LOVE the crayon picture. Put a spontaneous book together with your favorite images and sell it to your "fans" (aka blog readers) we would be your best advertisements!