Tuesday, July 28, 2009

old school

What have I been doing!? Where have I been!? I know, I know, I haven't posted in a while, but today's the day. Wrapping up the editing of a few weddings and getting back to the daily-post-a-blog thing, today I'm going back to Louisiana to share some more photos I took of that old high school. Not too long ago I discovered an old yearbook in an antique store. The photos in it were treasures, windows to a world long ago that I will never, ever even pretend to know. The black and white pictures, aged by time, made it seem like everyone dressed in dark black clothes. They were standing on the front steps of their school. Each classroom group photo had an average of twelve kids. When I looked at those photos I wondered who they were, where are they now? What drama unfolded during their school careers? All the stereotypical things anyone thinks about when you pull out an old photo; portraits of strangers, from the land that time forgot. When I walked through the doors of this school, I think the same sorts of things, what went on here? What plays and recitals were performed? Which teacher was the favorite? I will never know. Never.

No comments: