Wednesday, March 31, 2010

josh

Josh, a local musician-and friend, is getting ready to release a new album and called me recently for some possible cover shots. So, always eager to get behind the camera, of course I said yes and we hit to the streets. The idea was to convey independence, a sense of change, maybe a little more edge, but letting the focus be on him and whatever avenues that are before him. So we did some shots near overpasses and roadways to sort of illustrate that idea. But, when the shoot was nearing an end, I really wanted to get some extreme close ups of him. Well, we should of just started there. I love the images. I only put one up on the blog, not because it is the best-that's a matter of opinion-but because each close up conveyed the same statement. I love this picture because it is such a strong image; he's looking right into the camera, right into your eyes, and you in turn have no choice but to look back. It works in a million different ways and no matter how you look at it, it's Josh.

No comments: