Wednesday, August 4, 2010

hidden

Hidden away from what could be called the main highway, at a junction right before you cross the Amite River and leave Livingston Parish there is a convenience store, an antique store, and a drive through liquor shop. Beyond these things, if you pull over onto the dirt shoulder, park, and walk about fifteen paces, is this scene: an abandoned house boat just off of a pier that I wasn't sure could even hold me up as I walked out onto it's rotted, wooden planks to get this shot. The scene, both peaceful and haunting, is one of the many I set out to capture along my "Livingston, Louisiana" journey. The magic being found in the fact that a 'sportman's paradise' is literally a dirt shoulder away from the street one drives on to reach the convenience stores and liquor shops of the Parish.

No comments: