Friday, January 4, 2013

new year :: new orleans

Besides the good food and the family I find when I visit south Louisiana for the holidays I can always rest assured that there will be photographs to be taken, ones I can't necessarily take in too many other parts of the world.  New Orleans is one of these places where a photograph exists ten times over within a diameter of fifteen feet no matter where you are standing.  I ditched the digital cameras over the holidays and tried to capture as much as I could on film.  Good ol', tried and true, magical film.  The real reason I picked up a camera, to be a photographer-not a computer technician or a graphic designer.  No, a photographer.  Shooting with an old Canon AE1 I walked the same block twice, and captured these along the way.  





No comments: