Wednesday, April 3, 2013

jessica :: portrait

After being a photographer for sixteen or so years-getting jobs here and there through word of mouth, the occasional freelance job, and pursuing my own personal projects-I figured it may be time to actually start putting together a real portfolio of work.  As I work through past photographs and edit them down and down until I choose which should be included in the portfolio I've also decided to start a new series of portraits.  Larger in scope, concept, and execution I plan to photograph these portraits and add them to my existing work rounding out the body of work I already have. 

This is one of the first for the portfolio.  Shot in Burleson, Texas on the football field of Kerr Middle School; Jessica is friend and co-worker of my wife and was awesome on the shoot as it was about 40 degrees outside with high winds, but she hung in there and if it weren't for her goosebumps no one would be the wiser.


No comments: