Friday, May 24, 2013

my two geniuses


Okay, let me set this up for you: My wife and I had to take care of some business at our bank. To keep our kids occupied during our little meeting I gave my youngest my phone, mainly to play Angry Birds or Temple Run or whatever. As long as he stayed still and quiet, which is always the name of the game when in public. About half way through the meeting I ducked my head out to make sure they weren't destroying the place and they both were still quietly sitting in the lobby-engaged, though now they both seemed to be "playing" on my phone. That was this past Monday. Today, while scrolling through my phone's images I came upon some photos I never took, but more mysterious than that was that the images were little abstract works of art that I don't even know how they were taken. They are several images layered one atop the other-multiple multiple exposures of ill composed photos they have a sort of beauty after you look at them for a while. They remind me of the Beatles' White Album whose layered sounds can be discovered and rediscovered again and again upon each listen. I edited the pictures on Snapseed to enhance the layered images so one can actually see the subjects they photographed and to bring to the surface the texture and color in each photo. The results are absolutely stunning. I'd hang these on my wall any time.

 



No comments: