Friday, May 13, 2011

train cars

The difference between Texas backroads and Louisiana ones are most evident in a shot like this. Taking road trips down and around rural south Louisiana the view of the sky is often crowded out by tall pines that line the road on either side. You can see blue sky above the road, but look to the left or the right, and it's tall thin bark and underbrush, palmettos and thickets. In Texas, it's all open sky. Along side the railroad tracks this road was taking me home one day, picked out by my GPS, which at times is wrong and it sends me down these untraveled back roads thinking it can get me to my destination even faster. Once I learn the road I'm on is the wrong one though, I can't get angry, because although I may not be headed directly toward my destination, it's what you find on the road to getting there.

No comments: