Friday, May 6, 2011

windblown

Now that the image-taking process has come to a close on the Louisiana project, is it time yet to begin a series focused on Texas? As I shift my focus from the great parish I was born in and now begin the process of organizing my images and stalking publishers the actual capture part of that project has ended. A photographer's got to shoot though, right? A while back I began thinking of a photography series set in and around Fort Worth, more of a city to me than where I grew up, and having the two books published back to back: one about Livingston Parish, Louisiana. The other about Fort Worth, Texas, and then marketing the two books as a county/city series. The idea still resonates with me and one never knows how these things will turn out. But, as I go through daily life, there are images of Texas that may not be iconic to Texans, but they are iconic to me and what I love about the this area. This photo, taken on the side of the interstate struck me in it's simplicity but notice the grass all laying violently to one side as if they were collectively laying down in the shade, like a day worker on a lunch break. Tell-tale to the high winds that make Fort Worth a permanant home during the spring. This image speaks to me, and reminds me of a Texas I've come to call home. Hopefully it does the same for you.




No comments: