Wednesday, February 21, 2007

snow top


Sorry I haven't posted anything new lately, but I haven't been shooting. I had a three day weekend-which is rare-so I decided to take it. For today I'll post one of my favorite images from my last trip to Louisiana. I'm working on a project documenting the people and places that exist in Livingston Parish, the Parish I grew up in. Eventually I'd like to see it in book form, but for now I simply keep busy making trips back home, and getting the images I want. It's an ongoing project I've given myself three years to finish, but I think I may extend my own deadline to four to five, simply so I get the opportunity to photograph everything, and everyone I want to. So, here's a sneek peek at one of the images from the project.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Ok, so somehow in my internet wanderings I stumbled upon your other blog. It is fantastic, as is to be expected, and I am impressed/in love with all of your photographs. I had intended to go back and make a few comments here and there, but I just had to say something when I saw my beloved, and now apparently abandoned, Snow Top. It is amazing how this one image can bring up so many memories and emotions. My first thought was about their ice cream, it was out of this world! (I'm a sucker for soft serve) Secondly, I remembered all the funny, family stories that center around that place. Lastly, it hit me - how far away I am from home both in distance and in time. Keep on keeping on B, your photos are what it's all about.