Thursday, May 3, 2007

woodchip

Tomorrow I leave for Louisiana! I'm photographing Erika's engagements (congrats)! I won't be back in town 'til Monday night so don't expect a new post until then. The shot I'm posting is from a previous trip taken probably two or three years ago. I actually shot a roll of this house and picked four from the roll to make a series of images just focusing on this old home. I remember walking around the house and finding this little chip in the wood that was surprisingly bright orange and I thought the contrast between the orange and the weather beaten faded green was perfect, almost a painting. I shot with 120 Fuji velvia film ISO 100 and simply scanned a print with my home scanner. I tweaked it a bit in photoshop to the true green and orange of the print. I'll have more when I get back!

1 comment:

lainesdesign said...

I love this picture too! Where was this one ahot at?