Sunday, October 25, 2009

the livingston parish fair

One thing I've been trying to capture since I began my ongoing project focused on Livingston Parish is the fair. Growing up the fair played a big part of my life, being the place I hung out with friends, learned lessons about winning and losing and giving it my best, getting into trouble, getting out of it, and so much more. A lot of memories come from being at the fair and visiting it again, years later, was almost surreal because not a lot has changed. In fact, mostly nothing has except the faces of those that attend. Anyway, prepare for the greatness that is the Livingston Parish Fair captured with none other than my Holga. This post is also dedicated to my best friend Rocky, who was there with me every step I took here, I'm sure you'll find these photos all too familiar.

2 comments:

Sunee said...

did you take those this year? we were just there when it first started. we didn't get to go but adelaide did. we were super bummed we couldn't make it. nice pictures.

bogalousa said...

i'm not even sure how i stumbled upon your photoblog, but i am in love with these photos.