Tuesday, December 6, 2011

crescent city tree

I haven't been many places in my life. New York on my honeymoon where I was the typical camera toting china town wandering gotta see a Broadway show tourist, and loved every minute of it I might add; and other than a quick drive through Nashville, Tennessee I've never left the states that border the Gulf of Mexico. Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida. Seen them all, but not much else. But New Orleans. New Orleans is one of those cities that you wish commanded as much respect as New York, but at the same time you realize that would ruin the city. New Orleans with its unspoken charm and gritty street scene, its erotic Bourbon St., its sobering Cafe' du Monde, the Mississippi River, and all the history of the South finding home in this city that sits in a bowl underneath the sea level. Christmas here just can't be compared with Christmas anywhere else. It goes without saying though, because anytime of the year can't be compared with spending even a weekend in New Orleans, no matter what the season is.


No comments: