Friday, April 15, 2011

at the five and dime-buying nickels

Now this is more of what I had in mind. What inspired these portraits of change, is that one day I just happened to look down at this old dime and all of its discoloration, its nicks and scratches, its dents and tears, and I thought a macro shot showing up close all the imperfections that this dime has would be an interesting fine art piece. The dime, not knowing where it's been, and not knowing where it'll go from here, wears its journey on its face. It may just be a photograph of a ten cent piece, but like a lot of us, you can tell how hard of a life we've lived just by looking at the lines on our face. After toying with this image for a while, I know what I want to change about the penny. So, Honest Abe, here goes nothing...


No comments: