Thursday, April 28, 2011

the view

When I visit my parents in Greensburg, Louisiana my room is on the second floor. The house sits atop a hill and when you are two stories up the sun really lights up the room even though it's only six in the morning. You look outside the window and you can see over the entire property. It's really a pretty sight. On Saturday morning, I awoke like this and figured I couldn't fight the sun and got my camera instead to capture the early morning sunrise. The photo below didn't come from the second story window, but my parents' front porch instead. The clouds overhead were on the move and even though the exposure is only about 2/10ths of a second, the clouds were crossing the sky so fast that they still created a bit of blur. I took several exposures then just set my camera and tripod aside, poured myself a cup of coffee, then just sat and enjoyed the view with my naked eye. An experience that even a great photographer has trouble capturing.

No comments: