Thursday, April 21, 2011

i heart louisiana

In just an hour or so, the family and I will be headed to Louisiana to celebrate Easter with our extended families. This trip also marks the last trip intended to be a part of my personal photography project focused on Livingston Parish. Tracing back some of the photos, I believe the project began itself the weekend of fourth of July, 2005. I took some fine art shots that weekend, came home to edit them and before I knew it I had made it a personal mission to continue doing so, every trip, capturing as much of the landscape, and way of life, as possible. The photos are half auto-biography and half documentary, the motivation behind the images always being to show a side of Louisiana one may never see unless you've lived there. Below is the road map I've used to trace out and keep track of the highways, back roads, and pathways I've been down during the project, hopefully not leaving too much undiscovered. It's the best tribute I can think of to a parish, and a state, that for all it's faults, I hold in pretty high esteem.






No comments: