Wednesday, March 5, 2008

bass pro shop

I realize I may be revealing a little more of myself than I should, but-yes-on my recent trip home to Louisiana I visited the new Outdoor World a.k.a. the new huge Bass Pro Shop that recently opened near my hometown. I will also confess another truth: it really is an amazing building...for those of you that may hunt or fish or do other outdoorsy things.


I find this funny: ducks flying away from a giant word reading "HUNT".
I stared down this wild boar, and won.
This is a mountain lion I captured on my most recent hiking trip (ignore the exit sign).
The place is covered with mounted animals, all surrealy placed in the midst of clothes, shoppers, fishing gear, outdoor grills, etc.

Aahhh, nothing better to bring families together than the bass pro shop. I hope you enjoyed my small photographic tour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great! You really captured the essence of Denham Springs. Ah, Home Sweet Home. Thanks for the tour for those of us who can't be there in person. (Translation: for those of us who couldn't stand to be caught dead in there, but are still extremely curious about this crazy behemoth of a store. (if it can still even be considered that, I've heard it called an "experience."))

:),

Cassie

P.S. It was swell of you to share your latest mountain lion conquest with all Denham and to strategically place it directly above the exit sign. Good man.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.