Friday, March 7, 2008

bayou birds

Right before I get on the interstate to head north towards home (driving home from Louisiana) there's a little marsh area with those trees you always see in photographs and pictures when people are trying to capture the essence of a Louisiana bayou. Well, as I was leaving town I happened to look to my right and saw about two dozen of these cranes or egrets (I'm not quite sure) scattered throughout the trees along the highway. I passed them first, turned around, and hopped out of the car to get this shot. Technically, it's not perfect, it was hand held and shaky, but I couldn't miss the opportunity. Even this photograph really doesn't capture the number of the birds that were there, but it'll give you an idea. I just thought it was cool to see so many birds just hanging out, yards away from a busy, backwoods highway.

1 comment:

Scoots said...

this is cool Brandon!!!!!!!!